Sonntag, 22. April 2012

The show must go on...


As I was back in the big town, and heading for the jungle, a little bit if shopping needed to be done, for which the bith of us planned about 2 days, 3 tops, and then to leave the civilization. Among the stuff we needed, were hammocks, mosquito nets, mosquito repellants, and some other things that we read about were necessary for the jungle tour.

The first day we successful as never before, everything we looked for was found in an instant, which among was our hammock, mine in bright pink, new shoes with strong profile for jungle tracks and a new hat. The second day was less successful, here we didn’t find any of the missing things and had to postpone everything for our first stop along the boarder to the jungle, Coca.

Wednesday we then went to the radio station in which Chris and Jan were broadcasting a German Online Radio show once a week, and we wanted to discuss and introduce the differences of German and Ecuadorian night life on air. It was a good show and we had heaps of fun!

Later that day we wanted to mentally farewell Quito by switching our lights out, and having a party at the Bungalow 6 for the last time. Also I found out that the second group of my Danish students were also in the big city and just about to leave for Galapagos. They too ended up in the same club that night, the Bungalow 6, which I do recall very well from the last visit to Quito, and off course the fishbowl was welcomed with screams of pure joy and the night resulted again in us being absolutely trashed. Goood Times!!!

The day after we hung about and didn’t really do much, apart from having a few beers and roughly packing what needs to come along with us to the jungle. Also we brought stuff to the laundry service only to find out later that they closed early and weren’t to open for another 4 days, as we were right in Semana Santa. SO about 6kg of cloths were lost and had to be recovered by someone else (Chris’ friend and flatmate) as we didn’t want to wait for 4 days to leave town.

That night too, we decided to go for drinks, as the first group of my Danish students had too come back and were leaving the next day for Galapagos. Again it was a massive party and the following day we took the night bus to Coca.

During the last few weeks I had a special concern, which was about my visa.*
To sum everything up, I hoped to be able to bribe one of the boarder officers with a few bucks, to convince him to give me stamp in my Passport that I needed. I still don’t know if that will work out or not, because I have heard way too many stories, which all say different things, going from being arrested and raped in an Ecuadorian jail, to him giving me the stamp if I only said “please” and “thank you”. Well, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well…

* Sorry Mum, I know I told you I had a new visa and everything went well, but I never applied for a new one. Thing is, the paperwork here would have required me to come in multiple times to in the end receive a new visa successfully, which for me didn’t work out as I was on Galapagos and after on my Ecuador Trip and didn’t have any time to do what was needed.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen