Sonntag, 22. April 2012

Hit and Run on the third one


Well, as we were coming towards the third Danish group, my batteries weren’t recharged at all!!! I was aside making plans, how and when to leave the coast to get back to Quito and continue to travel with Chris in direction south: Peru.

So luckily, the size of the third group helped me with my decision. It was a small group, way smaller than the groups before and the way it would be split for diving, I wouldn’t have to join the diving as there was not enough space in the boat. But I still decided I would help with the pool session and lead the surfing class the next day before I then get on the bus to the capital.

So, Saturday morning, again at horrible 7am the bus was ready for the pool and Victor, Eugenio and I would instruct the 9 individuals, who decided thay wanted to learn how to dive. When I got my share of peeps for the course (3) I figured instantly that they were on top of the game and everyone would perform all the skills required just as described in the PADI book. And again after about 3hrs of pool, I ran out of tasks for the guys, even though they all did everything more often than necessary.
With Victors and Eugenios share it was similar, about 30minutes later everyone was out of the water and all the equipment set for the ride home. Exellent work guys!!!

On the way back it came to me that this would be my freaking last night in Montaloca, the place that I lived in and fell in love with instantly. Luckyly it was a Saturday night and there would be enough peeps out which who I could share some farewell drinks. And there were!!!
It too was one of those Saturdays that the Lost Beach Club hosted a massive electro Party, which was my first choice to get plastered at. I left the joint in the early morning hours around 7am in order to get an hour of sleep, before I had to give my last surfing class at 9am to the danes. I arrived three minutes late and suffered like I have never suffered before in Montanita. It too did not help, that most of the danes were hungover, tired or just extremely unmotivated to surf either. They barely paddled, and took ages to lift themselves off the board, if they did it at all, so I was actually really happy when the class was over and I could return to my place and start packing everything up.
The only awesome moment during this surf class was one guy, who never surfed before but ripped the shit out of the waves after just a few tries. He paddled like he never did anything else in his life, even surfed green waves and not only the whitewater stuff, and in the end we could barely get him out of the water after the 2hrs were over. THIS is the kind of student that just brightens up your day, no matter how hungover you are…:D

 So after everything was packed and I farewelled everyone around, I jumped the bus up north, to Puerto Lopez to grab a nightbus to Quito and arrive there in the early morning hours. I had about 90minutes of sparetime before my bus would leave, so I went to the beautiful beach to spend the last minutes at the water. I finished off the good 4 months of coastal life with a burger in my left hand, a beer in my right and a tear in each eye.

Arrival in Quito was in the middle of the night, around 3:30am and it was a very cold welcome, literally. It was freezing and although I packed my jumped and long pants, u can imagine that the temperature at night on about 2800m altitude is a strong contrast to sundown temperatures at the coast. :D
Despite the cold welcome I still made my way into town and finally arrived at Chris’ door at 5 something in the morning, in order to head towards new adventures and more traveling!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen