Donnerstag, 29. März 2012

Study Times!!

After this amazing time, one more time, with Chris in Montanita, it was time to get some studying done. As mentioned before there were heaps of books which I had to read, comprehend and reflect on as part of the Dive Masters course. So much concerning the theoretical part, we also had to partake in practical classes, ranging from simple displaying skills in the pool to more complex objects as repairing Regulators, BCD´s and cleaning tanks. All in all a physically more demanding job than the theory part.

Moreover, I was told that there was a shipment coming from the 2nd shop on Galapagos containing a shitload of broken Surfboards, which I had the great fortune to repair in the days to come. Upon seeing the boards my heart almost stopped: The girls (surfboards) looked like they have been raped by the devil himself.

Summing up, there was heaps to do and Victor really kept me busy during the time.
Usually I would get up around 9:00 and work from 10:00 to 12:30, have an hour of lunch and then return to my boards until 6 in the evening.

Sadly I didn’t really get to take some pictures of me shaping the boards or maintaining the dive equipment, which is why I don’t really have anything to attach to this post, but I will hopefully (and eventually) take some and maybe insert them later.

Furthermore, the end of February was closing in fast, which meant for me, that I’d soon be Island hopping on Galapagos, go diving with my Mum and enjoy all the craziness that this wonderful spot has to offer. So let’s get packed and off we go to explore Darwin`s life´s work.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen