Freitag, 6. Januar 2012

The Party continues...


Lee was gone, Team America had departed as well, and The Dutch had also hit the road again for further travelling. Jana and I were sad that everyone left, but live had to go on and so we tried to make the best out of it. During the last 8 days we of course met other people and since we used to go out together as a big group, who now hung out too
Among these peeps were 2 swiss guys: Noe, who stayed in the same hostel as Jana and me, and Karin, Noe’s best friends ex-girlfriend or something like this. Especially with Noe I started to go surfing a lot, since he had his own little shortboard here and I got a shorty from my workplace (not that I had to work properly, yet…).
And while Jana hung out at the beach, watching our stuff, she and Karin chatted about this and that, like girls do. Monday and Tuesday we again ate at my place, again abusing the 2 for 1 offer and after we would go for a few drinks in cocktail alley and/or to one of the local watering holes.



During the week that I spend in Quito, I got to meet a few other guys who were doing Spanish courses in Montanita and who just had a few days of for travelling but would be back for Christmas and New Years. The time had come that all of those fellas returned and while we were celebrating our Quito-reunion at a place called “Zach’s” (with 1 Dollar-beers), two massive suprises rolled in:

1st: I saw Michael walking along the street, completely naked in his face and Austin as his companion. I was absolutely thrilled to see the guys, although I wondered why they had come back, as they only left for the Galapagos Islands a few days earlier. The reason was that they had seen and done most of what they wanted and the surf-swell for the Islands would be absolute shit for the next days to come. So instead of blowing huge amounts of money for nothing they got an earlier flight and came back to Montanita. Michael was even more thrilled to be back as he had fallen madly in love with Jana and didn´t leave her side for the rest of the night.



2nd: The two Dutch girls, Nikki and Gwen, had also returned to Montanita, as there had been some problems with their family and they just used Montanita as a hideout for the days until the could get on the next plane back to Amsterdam. But despite their reason to be back in town, they overplayed it well and were also thrilled to see all of us.
For the next 2 days I gave it all I had, went surfing with the boys during the day, and after a little afternoon nap we would meet up with the other guys (Spanish School, Team U.S.A, The Swiss, The Dutch) and would go big for dinner and after drinks and club.



Along the next days I was called in a few times for working on the surfboards and fixing the dings and dents they had suffered during the last season. I also got called in one day to go diving with a swiss guy who wanted to do his diving license. This was helpful for two reasons, first to get to know the spot and to translate in case my boss´s English was not understandable. It was a sweet dive with super clear water and loads of underwater life. We even got to see an eagle ray, close relative to the manta ray, who flew by only about 10m away from us.

After the week, again, I had to say good bye to a few peeps. This time, team America left for good back to the holy country, so did the Dutch and Noe as well. I still had the guys from the Spanish School, which I sadly knew not really good, yet. Guess I have to get some work done and befriend people, to not be here all by myself…
(as if that was ever possible… :D )

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen