Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011

America del Sur?


Finally I got my Bachelors degree finished and I´m exited to head out into the world to gain new life experiences. But what do I expect from a journey to another country?
New languages, a new perspective on life, new prefenrecnes or interests?
And which continent would bet the chosen one for me to meet all of my possible new goals? Asia? Africa? America?
Why not America del Sur? I learned spanish fort wo years but haven`t spoken it in a year, so getting back to that would be senseful and informative at the same time… Or not?


Well, first of all, I´m not going alone so it will at least be entertaining while bobbing from one country to another. My travelbuddy of choice would be Chris, a good lad I studied with in Freiburg/ Germany, and who´s known and feared at the same time for being an absolute party animal. And for taking pictures of everything and everyone...:)

I waited weeks to finally hitting the road with him, and another friend of his from switzerland called Gin, to get closer to fullfilling my set aims.
To start a new chapter in life, one usually finishes a previous chapter. This is what we did at Chris place near Lake Constance by throwing a massive farewell party with a few close friends. Everyone had a blast, got hammered and enjoyed their time.

The day after we headed up to a place near Düsseldorf, from where our flight would bring us to Miami, our first Stop along the way. It was two friends of Chris’ who were willing to offer accomodation and transport to the airport in exchange for Aperol Spritz, a drink based on an italian liquor called Aperol. It was a fun night and again our liver was the one who had to work the hardest that night.

The next morning we got to the airport quite early in order to take our flight around 9am. The biggest problem that just came up the moment we wanted to get our boarding tickets was that in order to immigrate into the states or other countries within the caribbean sea, one needs a return ticket which none of us had.
Thus we needed to by a return ticket, at the value of 929,00€ to be fully refundable in case we didn´t want to take that flight… Which none of us intended to do.
Another personal hurdle was that ones credit card limit can severely crush ur plans, i fit is either set to a max of 1000€/ month or if the months’ remaining available credit is already below 929,00€. Luckily for me, Gin´s credit card allowed her to purchase another ticket, since my card did not work due to one of the reasons earlier mentioned.

About an hour later, we all sat happily and excited in our Air Berlin flight to Miami to start off our trip. Good times ahead!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen